Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back in Missouri

Hello,

I pulled into our driveway at about 11:30 or 12:00midnight. It is so good to be home. The kids seemed to be great. Alec presented me with a white plastic bracelet that said "ONE". He was so proud of that. Charu had a picture taped underneath the counter...just where I had left a note for her. Sarah had made me coffee and left a note that said it was in the "micorave". It is so wonderful to see them and even more comforting to know I could be gone and we still keep in touch and connected. They are doing well. Please pray for Sandeep. I think I am an embarrassment to him. I know it doesn't sound good to have your wife going to prison. I hope and pray that someday, he might be able to understand and at least respect my decision and action.

Last night as Cynthia and I were driving back, we had to stop for gas in a little place in KY. In the bathroom of this tiny store was a beautiful picture of a ship amid huge and magistic blocks of ice...the caption was this..."RISK A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are made for." At that point I just laughed and much of the dread I was feeling at coming home melted away.

I am so very, very grateful for your prayers, support, love and comments. I can feel this support when I get scared or uncertian. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that all shall be well...God's loving faithfulness is the only thing we know with absolute certainity...the rest is up for grabs. I also wanted to especially thank Cynthia and Beth who were my support folks during the trial prep and hopefully after. I felt wrapped in a blanket of love. Honestly, they took care of physical needs, emotional needs and prayed with me to give me strength. I did not feel alone or abandoned. They are angels!

Again I want to invite each of you to the potluck. It will be a Festival of Hope and peace, no doubt.

I am not sure of what I will need yet as far as support for the kids and Sandeep. I will keep this blog going as I go through phase four and five, as Cynthia called it....Phase four is reporting for prison and phase five is leaving prison. I will have someone post on the blog and someone post on an e:mail list. I won't have access to a computer. I have terrible handwriting so I do pity the person who takes this job, important as it is.

One final note. My dog, Thunder Bolt, is laying on the bed here by me. He snuggles close. I think he must of missed me as well. It is so comforting to pet his soft ears and big blocky head.

No comments: